General Electric Field Service Engineer in Moscow, Russia
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a Field Engineer you will represent GE both technically and professionally to ensure that equipment is installed, maintained and started properly, specialized on control systems.
•Providing on-site technical direction on Gas Turbine control systems, conduct loop checks and system tests during start-up, commissioning, troubleshooting and maintenance on customer owned sites in remote oilfields, power generation and industrial facilities (Power generation includes customer owned utilities, marine drives, industrial power plants and nuclear power plants utilizing gas and steam turbines; Industrial facilities include power generation, marine, petrochemical, paper, steel, automotive and transportation industries)
•Preparation of job-planning documents that define the control system scope of the outage
•Utilizing problem solving skills, engineering instructions, drawings, and process instructions for Steam/Gas turbine commissioning and start-up.
•Providing input for Daily Outage and Weekly Installation Reports.
•Communicating effectively with Service / Installation Managers and Site Leaders on job planning and execution and with Resource Directors regarding site arrivals, departures and job progression
•Providing leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites
•Maintaining strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
•Possessing the technical capacity to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for a wide range of equipment/GE system vintages
•Preparing timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
•Troubleshooting control operations and maintenance problems in the steam and/or gas turbine technologies
• University degree in control / instrumentation systems or equivalent experience of work with Control or/and Instrumentation.
• Good command of oral and written both Russian and English
• A depth of relevant experience in energy, power or oil & gas industries with different types of Control Systems and Instrumentation for Gas Turbines or Compressors. Knowledge and experience with GE Control System Speedtronic Mark V, Mark VI, Mark Vie is a significant plus.
• Strong customer service-oriented.
• Demonstrate consistently high levels of performance.
• Work efficiently without direct supervision.
• Willing to continuously work on construction/maintenance sites and travel regionally 100% of working time.
• This role requires extensive travel. Applicants must be willing and able to travel significantly without geographical restriction
• Environmental, Health and Safety mindset and compliance.
• Power plant, oil and gas industry or field service experience strongly preferred.
Successful candidates will be employed under local employment conditions.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Proven analytical and quality improvement ability
· Able to interface at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
Locations: Russian Federation
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.