Google Public Policy and Government Relations Manager in Moscow, Russia
As a member of Google's Public Policy team, you help shape various product and issue agendas with policy makers inside and outside government. In addition, you will help advise our internal teams on the public policy implications of their products, working with a closely coordinated and cross-functional global team. The role requires significant experience either working with or in government, politics or a regulatory agency as well as an ability to grasp complex technical and policy issues.
As our Manager for Public Policy and Government Relations, you will represent Google externally with government, regulators and third parties, as well as help manage and lead our local public policy strategy and campaigns. You will work with a cross-functional team of Google employees in Russia as well as with a closely-coordinated global Public Policy team to advance policy positions that benefit our users and an open Internet more generally.
Technology moves quickly, so it's important that we work closely with politicians, regulators, academics and third parties around the issues that affect the Internet and our users. We advocate for Google on the big public policy issues of the day and often play a part in high-profile debates. In this role, you’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage different campaigns and projects to tight deadlines. You’ll apply your expertise to real-world scenarios, acting as an inspiring advocate and enthusiastic team player eager to help shape the future of Internet and mobile policy.
- Develop and lead public policy campaigns across the full range of policy areas that impact Google and the web. Key issues include technology innovation, open internet, privacy and intellectual property.
- Engage directly with politicians and policy-makers.
- Build a network of trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups and others to support policies that will help create/maintain a user-focused online environment as well as an open Internet.
- Enhance public outreach on behalf of Google including public speaking at high profile events.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working within national politics, government, think tanks, public interest groups or the field of corporate public policy.
- Policy experience.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Russian fluently and idiomatically.
- Direct knowledge of the tech sector or the key issues impacting the Web, like data privacy, free expression, Internet access and online safety.
- Familiarity with Internet technologies and the policy environments that surround them, or an ability to quickly get up to speed on complex technical and regulatory issues.
- Self starter with a sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a fast moving and sometimes stressful environment
- First-rate personal, political, analytical and organizational skills.
- Enthusiastic team player with drive and determination, as well as a genuine interest in the Internet.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.