Cargill Senior FP&A Analyst Business Performance in Moscow, Russia
Senior FP&A Analyst Business Performance
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com .
The Senior FP&A Performance Analyst will have accountability for Business Performance area within FP&A by providing analytical support to the business leadership team by monitoring performance and identifying areas for improvement.
Accountabilities include activities that are value creation focused and forward looking. Responsiblities include analyzing data to provide insight into evaluating acquisition targets, driving financial performance. Additionally, this role will focus on growth, cost of goods sold efficiencies and overall performance in these focus areas. By relying on the Accounting & Finance team to produce accurate and timely financial and management reports, this position provides analysis and insight into the direction of the business in these focus areas and proactively challenges the status quo. This role FP&A Lead.
This role may have breadth across businesses in these focus areas. Building strong relationships within the function and business, including leadership teams, will be critical for value creation opportunities. The Senior FP&A Performance Analyst relates to others with candor, openness, and transparency, approaches work with and builds trust across multiple stakeholder groups.
70% Business Performance Management
- Drive Operating Working Capital and Free Cash Flow
- Strategic Planning and Annual Operating Planning
- Monthly forecasting
- Close partnership to FP&A Commercial / Customer Segment and to local managenet to support and partner to planning for strategic activities, also by supporting commercial activities and analysis on a local basis.
- Strategic Planning and Annual Operating Planning
- Align performance metrics with business strategy
- Provides financial and change leadership by actively participating in business strategy planning. Provides necessary support to accomplish plans/strategy.
- Develop benchmarking insighths and action plans
- Drive cost to serve analysis, insight and forward looking recommendations to optimize.
- Proactively manage business risks, currency and commodity risks and its impacto to commercial deals, risks thresholds and effectiveness of controls, TSF solutions supporing customers while managing our own balance sheet, counter party risk.
- Continuosly assess / identify forward looking opportunities to improve business performance to improve EBITDA.
- Partner with Innovation teams to prioritize and pursue profitable NPSS projects.
- Participate in business customer solution teams with focus on offering financial solutions to customers.
- Supports the enterprise/business with new business activities and issues resolution, including MADJV, business transactions, tax and customs issues, and liaising with legal and other cross-functional departments as necessary.
- Deliver clear presentations including defending positions on controversial topics, adapt style to continuously seek ‘win/win’ solutions.
- Partners closely with the COE and the cross-business/functional managers to play an active role in enhancing connectivity and communication.
- Partner closely and leverage the Accounting and Finance teams for key information points including historical reporting and data collection. May include activities related to cost accounting, margin reporting, analysis of data and management reports, activity based costing or cost allocation to products and customers, management reports generation, etc.
- Evaluate investments (M&A).
- Drive SG&A improvements.
30% Process Improvement and Ad-Hoc Support
- Develop analytics and reports and support the team in driving consistent use of business support tools and internal processes (SAP/BI, etc).
- Utilize and improve existing frameworks and reports to enhance the analytical environment.
- Improve month closing process while identify gaps and establish new key performance metrics where appropriate.
- Provide analytical support for the CAN Regional FP&A activity
- Active participation in various business finance initiatives and other duties as assigned
- Strong and permanent liase with the other FP&A expertise domains to identify and leverage growth opportunities while getting an holistic view of the business across the geography.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or other Business related degree
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience
- English Proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to develop mid to long term strategic plans
- Ability to integrate and interpret disparate sources of data using a broad range of analytical data tools. Incorporates use of statistical methodolgy and predictive modeling techniques.
- Design, develop and implement value-added business analytics.
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen. Able to understand the business (products/services, customers, processes) and their key drivers of success (how they make money,what the business costs are).
- Demonstrates high degree of curiosity. Invest time and energy into learning. Seeks different points of view and perspectives (internal and external).
- Demonstrates an application of broad/diverse commercial knowledge with understanding of how all areas come together and operate as a business.
- Developes a strategic perspective by creating effective business plans.
- Relates to others with candor, openness, and transparency.
- Builds trust across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Able to drive the behavior, results or agenda needed for the business. Has a point of view and communicates it effectively thus influencing colleagues by supporting them, challenging them, providing unique perspective and delivering value.
- Ability to partner and engage with centers of expertise (like Tax, CFR, Audit, Controls, HR, IT).
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Strong leadership, team building, and interpersonal skills.
- Masters Degree in Business or Finance
- CIMA/ACCA is an advantage
- International business experience
- Consumer packaged goods business experience
Primary Location Russia-Moscow
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: MOS00160