General Electric Software Engineer in Moscow, Russia
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Leads, consults or manages multiple GE software solutions engagements. Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge within a domain: technical, solutions, business or information. Leads domain specific architecture.
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible to understand Predix-powered architecture & design principles, has on-depth knowledge of key development components of Predix (e.g. microservices), understand development & release principles and landscape for building new applications and microservices
• Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture of cloud based solutions customized to customer requirements.
• Analyze requirements, design and develop an architecture of applications and microservices, decompose functional requirements and formulate technical requirements, recommend tools, libraries, frameworks, and existing components to build new software product.
• Review and/or analyze and develop architectural requirements at close collaboration with project and
• Participate in design, delivery, commissioning, and maintenance of the cloud based solutions to customer, ensure that solution has all agreed with customer characteristics and performs against agreed metrics.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 3 years of experience with cloud technologies in developers or architecture roles with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions. Experience in end-to-end development of new software application, its improvement, deployment and support
• Experience building distributed / service oriented / microservice-style and cloud based architectures
• Solid knowledge of CI/CD or Devops tools & principles: Jenkins, Docker, Bash, Git
• Practical experience and participation in the Python or Java projects as software or devops engineer
• Practical experience in process/tasks automation (Python/Ruby, Puppet/Chef/Ansible, shell, Jenkins).
• Demonstrate knowledge of business' structure (P&Ls) and the interplay of functions to support business goals; demonstrate knowledge of the business products, key processes, suppliers, customers and market/competitors.
• Collaborates with project management on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits. Meets with project leaders and software development Leaders to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements.
• Closely work with Product owner’s team and Deployment team to receive feedback, suggest product & architecture improvements.
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale.
• Attentive to details, wants to master his technical knowledge and skills. Can work in the team and coach/help other team members
• Applies values, business strategy, policies, precedent, and experience to make complex decisions with uncertain consequences.
• Challenges conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and invites stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities.
• Takes a systems perspective that inter-relates internal and external factors for planning. Envisions compares and contrasts multiple potential medium range operational futures.
Locations: Russian Federation; Moscow
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.