Microsoft Corporation Support Engineer in Moscow, Russia
Are you interested in the cloud business?
The Windows Azure Platform is strategic to Microsoft enabling customers, ISVs, and Microsoft IT to develop, test, and deploy solutions in the cloud to take advantage of economies of scale, reliability, globally distributed data centers, and generally reduce the effort of managing dedicated IT infrastructure. Azure is a growing leader in the cloud market with Azure Support enabling customer success and providing a key differentiator when customers make buying decisions.
Azure Subscription Management Support (ASMS) is looking for all levels of engineers and leads.
ASMS is a strategic unit of Cloud and Enterprise (C+E) Serviceability Support in Customer Service & Support (CSS) responsible for the following:
The definition and implementation of the support services required to win in the cloud market place.
Resolving customer issues including complex technical scenarios integrating several cloud capabilities (Azure, SQL Azure, AppFabric, etc.) and scenarios supporting the service such as service availability, quality, outage management, subscription management, correlation of usage and charges, and cost efficient solution architecture.
Provide critical product feedback to multiple C+E Product Groups (PGs; engineering and operations) and Business Groups (BGs).
Lead the integration of Global Business Support (GBS) talent to resolve issues with specific technologies (networking, SQL, SPP, etc.) as part of Azure Support ecosystem.
The opportunity for you is to be part of the evolution of Azure and cloud support services, to be constantly challenged as the Platform expands to provide broader capabilities to customers, support customers using a service rather than on-premise Microsoft products, and to work in collaboration with multiple Microsoft teams inside of GBS and the PGs.
The Support Engineer is responsible for support delivery, resolving escalated, complex customer issues related to the Azure billing platform and subscription management to successfully deliver Azure Subscription Management Support against Customer Partner Experience (CPE) and workflow efficiency targets; and to identify required tools, training, processes or capabilities to assess customer issues in less than 15 minutes; and to keep escalations to operations below 10% of the volume.
The Support Engineer is a critical role in the implementation of Azure support capabilities which include working with the PG and Azure Supportability Program Managers (PM) to implement asks; identify technology, and/or process readiness needs, and work with Training PMs and Tech Leads to ensure support team readiness; and, develop relationships with and engage with technology-specific depth queues for customer incident resolution when required.
Specific measurements include achieving the CPE team goals, time to resolution or escalation, enabling a response time similar to competitors; maintaining technical skills through completion of ongoing readiness and Platform training; and, in general participating in the creation of future Microsoft support capabilities for the cloud.
• Leadership - handle challenging and politically-charged customer situations
• Strong communications skills – fluent in spoken and written English
• Effective, polished interaction with customer to gather information quickly; explain customer responsibilities in resolving issue; communicate next steps and status; and inspire confidence
• Demonstrable troubleshooting skills
• Cross-team collaboration
• Logical and critical thinking
• Passion for technology and customer support
• Understanding of cloud vs. on premise computing. Familiarity with fundamentals of cloud computing.
• Technical understanding of commerce platform concepts and procedures including online services, Order to Cash operations and general billing and commerce systems processes (e.g., invoicing, credit card transactions).
• Technical aptitude sufficient to develop an understanding of the Azure Platform and architecture
• Above 3 years of support or equivalent experience including a customer facing or customer support roles.
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, MIS, business or equivalent
• MCSE, MCPD, or MCAD optional
• Mandatory to be fluent in Russian & English.
• Italian or Spanish are preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, family or medical care leave, marital status, medical condition, race, religion, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local laws, regulations and ordinances.
Майкрософт – работодатель, предоставляющий равные возможности для всех. Обращения всех квалифицированных соискателей будут рассмотрены, вне зависимости от возраста; семейного статуса; состояния здоровья и наличия инвалидности; пребывания в медицинском отпуске или отпуске по уходу за членом семьи; расы, национальности, религиозной принадлежности и других факторов.